OR WAIT null SECS
© 2023 MJH Life Sciences™ and Spectroscopy Online. All rights reserved.
Specac Limited, a provider of accessories for infrared and X-ray spectroscopy has won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in the category of International Trade.
Specac Limited, a provider of accessories for infrared and X-ray spectroscopy, has won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in the category of International Trade. England’s Queen Elizabeth II has approved the prime minister’s recommendation for the award.
The award announcement noted that Specac sells to 70 countries across five continents, including the United States, China, Germany, Singapore, and Japan. Export represents 90% of their sales and the remaining 10% is often exported by original equipment manufacturers. “With growth in overseas sales, total sales, and percentage overseas sales, while turning losses into profit, Specac Limited wins the Queen's Award for International Trade for Outstanding Continuous Growth in overseas sales over the last six years,” the announcement says.
David Smith, managing director of Specac, said that he was deeply honored that the business has won such a prestigious award. “I believe it represents recognition at the highest level for a good commercial strategy, high quality in everything we design and make, and mostly, the hard work over a long period of an amazing team,” he said.
Jo Johnson, a member of parliament for Orpington, Kent, where Specac is located, and the minister of state at the Department of Transport, and until recently, minister of state for Universities and Sciences said, “It is fantastic news that Specac has been recognized for its considerable contribution to international trade at the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise.” He added that the award is an outstanding achievement of which the company and its employees should be very proud.
In a statement, Specac expressed appreciation of its key partners, both suppliers and customers. “We are a hugely ambitious business, and we consider the success we’ve achieved as merely a beginning,” the statement continued. “We welcome new, collaborative partners as we expand our horizons and try to help more scientists to resolve their applications needs.”
Specac works with original equipment manufacturers and a worldwide distribution network, as well as industrial, academic, and government customers. The company designs and manufactures its products at its facility in Orpington, Kent, on the outskirts of London. Sales offices are located in the United States, China, and Singapore.
In addition to international trade, the Queen’s Award for Enterprise also recognizes outstanding achievement by United Kingdom businesses in three other categories: innovation, sustainable development, and promoting opportunity through social mobility.